Since I am an animal lover, today I would like to share some pictures and fun facts about a few of the world’s adorable creatures! Let me know what animals you consider cute!
- Hamsters’ teeth are always growing. They require chew toys, sticks or chews to help keep them worn down.
- Hamsters can store food in special pouches in their cheeks.
- Sheep can recognize up to 50 other sheep faces and remember them for 2 years, and can also recognize human faces.
- Sheep have excellent peripheral vision, which allow them to see 360°.
- Sheep’s milk is ideal for making cheese. It contains higher levels of calcium, vitamins A, B and E and other nutritional elements than cow’s milk.
- A raccoon will rinse its food in water before eating it. When there is no water close by, a raccoon will rub its food to remove debris.
- Raccoons are omnivores, and are willing eat almost anything they can get their paws on, but prefer sweet foods.
- Raccoons possess amazing dexterity that gives them the ability to open doors, jars, bottles and latches.
- Owls are found across all continents except Antarctica.
- An owl has the best night vision of any animal, and its hearing is nearly as acute.
- Many species of owls have special flight feathers adapted for silent flight, this is important during hunting as they swoop down on prey without being heard.
- Penguins swallow pebbles and stones as well as their food. Scientists believe that the stones may help grind up and digest their food. The stones may also add enough extra weight to help penguins dive deeper.
- Penguins often slide on their tummies over ice and snow, this is called tobogganing. Researchers believe they do this for fun and as an efficient way to travel.
- Some prehistoric penguins were very large, growing nearly as tall and heavy as a human.
Ivan Lojko – Kangaroo
Ricky Kharawala – Hamster
Bonnie Kittle – Lamb
Anna Salisbury – Raccoon
Harm Weustink – Owl
Cassidy Mills – Penguin